Ideally, all 12 roles are allocated in the Emergency and Trauma Centre (E&TC). They can be grouped as the team leader, the ALS providing team and the ECPR proceduralist.
Resuscitation team leader
- Cannulator 1 – cannulation
- Cannulator 2 – cannulation assistant
- Cannulator 3 – in charge of cannulation equipment, 2nd assistant
- Sonographer – confirmation of guidewire position
- Console Person – prepares ECMO circuit
- Chest compressions – operating mechanical compression device
- Airway doctor
- Airway assistant
- Scribe – documentation including times: arrival, skin prep, on ECMO support, etc.